IEL JOURNALThe Journal of Studies of Ethnic Literature (SEL) was founded in November 1983. The current Editor-in-chief is Prof. GUAN, Jixin. Its primary areas of focus are:
- Studies of ancient ethnic minority written literature and writers;
- Reviews of modern and contemporary ethnic minority writers and their works;
- Researches on ethnic folk literature;
- Theoretical reflection and methodological construction;
- Comparative approaches to ethnic minority culture and literature;
- Recommendation and comments on new works;
- Reslerseas researches related;
- Tendencies and developments in the field, and more.
SEL also provides an international venue for research on the world‘s ethnic literatures and oral tradition.In January of 2001, SEL created its interactive CD-Rom edition, including all the issues between 1983 and 1998, published and distributed by Social Sciences Academic Press.Up to now, SEL has published 117 issues in total.